Final Exams are the last obstacle for the students to the next class. These exams carry a lot of weight so every student must appear in the exam at the end of their academic year. No matter, how much have you studied during the year but in the few days before the examination, try to do your best and prepare yourself for the exams. Here are some helpful and useful ways about how to prepare for final exams in one month and get everything else done.
1. Time Management: Manage the remaining time for preparations and revision of all the subjects. Keep a record of what you’ve revised rather than repeating the same topics. Create a balanced study program so that you will be able to study all the subjects. Don’t mix up all the subjects. Make a time table of all the tasks you have to do.
2. Prepare Revision Notes: With the comprehensive syllabus of subjects, it becomes difficult to revise all the topics before the examinations. Prepare a notepad and point the notes for the important concepts which you can use to brush off for the Exam Preparation. Avoid mugging up at last time because it can result in forgetting everything you have learned. Instead, pick up your brief notes which you’ve made while the subject was going on in the classroom or coaching. Reading the notes at the final preparation can help you remember all the main concepts and write good answers.
3. Solve Previous Years Question Papers: One of the most fruitful ways to prepare for exams when you don’t have much time is to solve the previous year’s question papers. This ensures you to know the format of the question paper and get you to hang out the exam time limit.
4. Never Cram Before the Exam: Almost all the students have a habit of learning and Cramming lessons and concepts before the start of the exam. This is totally wrong. It is advisable not to read new topics before the exam as you may forget the things you have already know. Learning before the exam is just like Cramming.
5. Don’t Panic! Don’t let stress affect you. Don’t nervous while preparing for the exams, it’s just an exam. Yes, you have a huge syllabus to cover up and also there are a lot of expectations. But, do not let stress overwhelm your preparations. At the time of the exam, if a question seems too difficult, write the rest of the questions you know, and then return to the ones you left blank. Stay calm and tell yourself that you will do it all.
6. Write Neat, Present Well: Presenting your answer sheet in a proper way has more chances of getting good marks in the subjects. For this, practice more and more for writing better answers in exams so that you can score well. Use your time properly to get the maximum result out.
7. Revise Within 24 Hours: Firstly, make sure that you don’t touch uncovered syllabus or unlearned concepts a few days before your exams and if you do so, just remember the three R’s which are very important- review, recap and reinforce. Any new topic you learn needs to be Reviewed, Recapped and Reinforced in the duration of 24 hours. Science tells that if you failed to do so, you failed to remember an 80% portion of the topic you’ve learned. Revise it within a period of 24hours in order to let it endure in your mind for a long time.
8. Shift Between Subjects: Before you get on to your studies, there are different types of subjects which can be categorized as Memory-subject, Problem-solving evaluation, Analysis- based subjects. For most efficient learning, you should rotate between each subject categories in a long period of study time. Don’t do multi-tasking in studies. This is one of the best practices among how to study in less time. Study until you thoroughly understand a subject or a topic.
9. Get Enough Sleep: This step is very much important when it comes to studying hard as most of the students stay awake till night to finish revising before exams. But this is not the right way. Always remember that it is your proper sleep that transforms your short-term memory (what all you’ve read/revised or learned till now) to long-term retaining memory (what you can remember while sitting in the exam hall).
10. Take Care of Your Health: It becomes very important to maintain a healthy lifestyle even if you’re left with ample time for your exams. Start with healthy breakfast, healthy lunch & a light dinner as it will keep your mind alert and fresh all day long. Try to stay away from highly-processed food like sugary beverages, oily junk food. Remember, a good diet is vital for optimal study. So, say no to fast foods & yes to home-made fresh food. Keeping a healthy & nutritious diet always is a must for you.
11. Shut Down Social Media: It may sound hard! But, yes a little reduction of social media can do wonders for you! After all, the social media platform isn’t going anywhere right? So, keep the distraction to social media for some time, at least for a month till your exams end. Close down all your accounts on all social media for a while or don’t use cell phones at the time of the study.
12. Explain Your Answers to Others: You can try group studies to share learnings and encourage studying. Take the interest in studies by explaining your answers to friends. This will not only help you in remembering things better but also it can highlight any weak area in which you are lacking behind & need more hard work.
These are some of the final exams study hints to help you score much better in exams. Hence, avoid pressure & start acing every single minute. These 12 useful study tips for exams will surely crack your syllabus in the last few days & will help you in scoring better this time.
All the best for your exams!